I’m not leaving tumblr, just this account. I started it 3.5 years ago and during that time, I…
- Got kicked out of my social circle
- Switched jobs and careers
- Moved (twice)
- Bought a House
- Had like, lust and heartbreak. A lot of lust. I miss the lust.
- Went through kitchen renovation from Hell
- lost my shit and finally sought professional psychological help.
- better living through chemistry for the win
- discovered I had giant tumor in uterus and had to have hysterectomy
- turns out removing a couple pounds of organ and tumor really messes up how your body works for about a year
- Had amazing career highs, including keynoting a conference in England and closing plenary for huge international conference
At my first shrink appointment I said “I want it get back to being the person I was.” Because I’m not who I used to be. For the first time, I realized this morning that that girl is gone and she’s not coming back. And further, I’m never gonna be the person that that girl thought I was going to become.
And I’m okay with that.
So I don’t know what’s next but I think I need to start fresh and stop hanging on to this relic of old me.